A car accident attorney can help find expert witnesses to testify on your behalf.
Unfortunately, not all car accidents end with a resolution and settlement. Sometimes, you have to take the other driver to court to get fair compensation for your injuries. The problem with that is that the victim holds the burden of demonstrating that the other driver was responsible for the accident. A St. Louis car accident lawyer can help you gather all the documentation required to build a solid case. They can also help find expert witnesses to testify on your behalf.
Here’s what you need to know about this practice.
The Role of Expert Witnesses
An expert witness is a professional who has knowledge and experience in a particular field and can provide unbiased information that would help the jury reach a verdict. Their role is to help the jury understand better the circumstances or consequences of the accident. They are not there to offer their opinion on the case but provide solid facts and data-driven information.
Two types of professionals are usually required to testify in car accidents personal injury cases:
- Expert witnesses: Whether we are talking about doctors, psychologists or economists, they are usually required to provide their unbiased opinion about the case. The information they present is thoroughly analyzed by the court for validity.
- Fact witnesses: This type of witnesses also present the things that they have seen or experienced by themselves.
Here are some of the responsibilities expert witnesses hold:
- Offer data-driven information about the case;
- Provide an unbiased, independent opinion about the case. Personal opinions have no place in a court of law;
- Comply with the rules of the procedure;
- Guarantee that the information presented is truthful and essential in helping the jury reach a verdict.
Types of Expert Witnesses in Car Accident Personal Injury Cases
When it comes to auto accident personal injury cases, an expert witness will analyze any complex detail of the incident and try to provide a professional conclusion that would help the jury understand what happened.
Their expertise can cover anything from how the collision inflicted the injuries to the financial toll the accident may have on the victim.
Here are some of the types of witnesses that your St. Louis auto accident attorney may call to testify.
- Medical Experts: A medical expert will present the pathology and anatomy of the victim’s injuries. They will also explain how severe the damages are and the course of treatment the victim needs to get healthy.
- Rehabilitation Specialists: Whether we are talking about social workers or therapists, these expert witnesses will explain how the accident affected the victim’s quality of life and what they need to do to recover from the physical and emotional trauma.
- Auto Accident Reconstructionist: This expert can help the jury understand how the accident happen. They will analyze everything from the speed of the vehicles to the environment.
Speak With an Attorney 24/7
If you’ve been injured in a car accident a reliable St. Louis car accident lawyer can help you build a strong case and increase your chances of recovering compensation. Give us a call 24/7 at (314) 361-4242 for a FREE Case Evaluation.