If you’re the victim of a car accident, you are entitled to seek damages that will cover all your medical expenses, including those that have to do with mental and emotional distress.
However, when the other driver works for Uber, that can complicate matters quite a bit. Here’s how you can prove emotional and mental distress after an Uber accident.
Documenting Your Injuries Is Essential
In any car accident claim, with Uber or otherwise, it’s essential to start documenting your injuries as soon as possible, including those that have to do with your mental and emotional state. However, while a scar or bruise is visible to the naked eye, the mental toll of a car accident often goes unseen.
Watch out for these signs to see if the car accident has affected your mental health:
- Sleeplessness or insomnia
- Night terrors, especially that replay the car accident
- Fear of driving or travel
- Mood swings
- Angry outbursts
- Signs of depression or anxiety
- High levels of stress
- Even physical signs that you cannot explain, such as headaches, stomach pains, weight gain/loss, etc.
If you never experienced any of these signs before the car accident, and they only started appearing after the incident took place, there’s a high chance they were caused by the accident.
Unfortunately, proving it is not exactly easy, which is why you need to document these changes as best as you can. Consider doing the following:
- Keeping a journal and trace down your moods, feelings, etc.
- Make note of incidents that feel out of character, such as an unexplained outburst
- Have friends and family monitor these changes as well, and write them down.
Benefits of Working With an Attorney
Going up against Uber in a car accident claim can be overwhelming, particularly when you’re trying to get compensated for mental and emotional distress. You should consider working with an experienced St. Louis Uber car accident lawyer for additional support.
In car accident claims, you need to prove fault, as well as showcase a clear connection between the car accident and the injuries you want to get compensated for. This is not always as simple as it seems, and in most cases, it can boil down to how well you present your case, and your ability to negotiate.
A lawyer with experience knows exactly how to navigate the process of Uber car accident claims, and can help by:
- Gathering evidence
- Bringing in experts to testify on your behalf
- Ensure the insurance company isn’t playing any tricks
- Negotiate a fair settlement
Speak With a St. Louis Rideshare Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been the victim of an Uber car accident that has left you with emotional and mental distress, you are entitled to seek compensation that can help cover the costs of therapy. Get in touch with a St. Louis rideshare accident lawyer now for a case evaluation and additional support in navigating this process successfully.
Speak with an experienced attorney 24/7Click to Call: (314) 361-4242