This article will discuss six ways to stay safe on the road and prevent car accidents when driving early in the morning.
Auto accidents during the early morning hours are common. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to help prevent these accidents from happening. This article will discuss six ways to stay safe on the road when driving early in the morning.
Early Morning Car Accidents
First, let’s take a look at some of the statistics associated with morning accidents.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than one-third of all car accident fatalities occur between the hours of midnight and six in the morning. Furthermore, drivers are about four times more likely to be involved in a fatal accident during these early hours than they are during the afternoon or evening. There are several reasons for this disparity. For one, many people are driving on tired legs after a long night of sleep. Additionally, there tends to be more traffic on the road during the morning hours, and visibility is often reduced due to darkness and foggy conditions. Finally, many drivers aren’t paying attention to the road because they’re distracted by their morning routines.
How to Stay Safe
So, what can you do to stay safe when driving early in the morning? Here are six tips:
1. Ensure You Get a Good Night’s Sleep Before Getting Behind the Wheel. It’s important to be well-rested when driving, and this is especially true during the early morning hours.
2. Start Your Car and Let It Warm Up for a Few Minutes Before Driving. This will help you see better and avoid being blinded by oncoming headlights.
3. Be Aware of Your Surroundings and Watch for Pedestrians, Cyclists, and Other Vehicles.
4. Avoid Distractions. Keep your windows rolled up and the radio turned off so you can focus on the road.
5. Avoid Driving Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol. It’s never safe to drive while impaired, and the risks are even greater during the early morning hours.
6. Leave Extra Space Between Your Car and the One in Front of You. This will give you more time to react if someone cuts you off or slams on their brakes.
Though driving early in the morning can be challenging, following these tips can help you stay safe on the road.
What if You’re Hit by Another Driver and Sustain an Injury?
Sadly, despite your best efforts, you may still be involved in an accident. If this happens, it’s important to know what to do.
First and foremost, seek immediate medical attention. Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it’s important to get checked out by a doctor. Many injuries aren’t visible right away, so it’s important to be evaluated by a professional.
Next, speak with an experienced car accident attorney. They can help you understand your rights and get the compensation you legally deserve.
St. Louis Car Accident Attorneys
Have you been involved in an early morning accident in St. Louis, Missouri? The experienced car accident attorneys at The Hoffman Law Firm are here for you. We have over 20 years of experience helping accident victims get the compensation they deserve and can help you too. Call us today for a free consultation!
Speak with an experienced attorney 24/7